Electronic Ignition Kit II for 23D & 43D type distributor – Including
Ignitor II – Electronic Ignition
All the benefits of the Ignitor I, and more….
- The Ignitor II senses current levels in the coil and adjusts the dwell to maintain peak energy throughout the entire RPM range. Dwell angle is increased or decreased with changing engine RPM and operating conditions. This provides more energy at high RPM, reducing misfires while improving engine performance.
- Compared to point-type systems, develops on average 4 times more available energy between 3000 and 5000 RMP, and 2 times more available plug voltage.
- Higher RPM performance is improved when used with the Flame-Thrower II super low resistance 45,000 volt coil, Part number RACEFTC however, it is compatible with any inductive coil.
- Peak current level is reached just prior to spark, so ignition energy is sustained with less heat build-up, increasing coil and module life.
- Adjusts spark timing over the entire RPM range to compensate for the inherent electronic delay, resulting in more stable timing.
- Senses engine startup and increases dwell time, providing more energy for starting sparks.
- Senses incorrectly wired Ignitor II or a “key left on” condition and shuts down the system protecting the coil and other components from damage.
Flame-Thrower II – 45,000 volt – Epoxy Filled Coil
Enables larger plug gaps for greater fuel efficiency and more power
This coil features a very low resistance, which makes it ideal for high performance ignitions. This coil is also compatible with most capacitive discharge boxes.We recommend epoxy filled coil as these are viration resistant, which is ideal for Lotus road cars or competition applications. Includes Bracket.
When ordering via website please state in comments box which part number required
RACEFTIKIT02 – For 23D type Distributer
RACEFTIKIT02A – For 43D type Distributer